Affordable Aluminum Specialist – Contractor Didn’t Complete Job! Do not hire!
Do yourself a favor and DO NOT HIRE Affordable Aluminum! If I could rate them with ZERO STARS I WOULD! I thought I had found a dependable aluminum company to work with after the did one decent job for me, but on the next screen porch job on a rental property of mine they completely dropped the ball. I will NEVER HIRE THEM AGAIN, and I don’t want anyone to go through what I had to go through. Here’s a short list of the pro and cons of how they handled my job/project:
– They took my deposit and never completed the job
– It took them 5 months after deposit to even start to look at the job
– In the end after more than 9 months of follow up and a TON OF WASTED TIME they backed out of the job
– They were bad about follow up and returning calls
– They failed to even start the job by the time my tenant move in after I had repeatedly reminded them and followed up on it being done by the time our tenant moved in
– Their first paver sub-contracted just disappeared
– They ended up not even being able to pull a permit in the city so I had to get another GC to pull the permit
– The paperwork they had me submit to pull the permit showed a screen roof when it should have been a pan roof! That cost me an extra $200 plus I failed final inspection so I’m still working on that and getting it resolved. I’m sure that will cost me more money!
– The next paver contractor did a HORRIFIC job. Others said it was the worst paver job/work they had ever seen. Dips and bumps throughout the patio! I had to pay an extra $500 to get a decent contractor to come back and correct their errors. They never applied the sand right and or sealed the pavers. I’m still waiting 3 months later for a refund of the sealing charges. On top of all the issues Charlie Sr. Had me pay the paver guy separately outside our contract (which was not how it should have worked!), and in the end that ended up costing me more money too!
ONLY PRO – After keeping my deposit for over 7 months, once I accepted their resignation on the project they returned my deposit plus some extra to cover my engineering expenses to get the job done.
Like I said DO NOT HIRE this contractor unless you want the experience I’ve outlined above. I’m sure he’s done decent work for others like he did on my first job, but no one should go through this type of experience! Construction is hard enough without dealing with incompetent contractors!
Additional information about this complaint about Affordable Aluminum Specialist may be obtained from the author. The author has the choice of leaving additional contact information and further identifying the person or company complained of. If the author provided the information, it could be found below:
Author: Contact with Author
Offender: Affordable Aluminum Specialist
State: Florida City: Gainesville
Address: 2131 N Magnolia Ave, Ste 101
Category: Construction & Repair